I’ve noticed a trend lately – there seems to have been a lot of news stories recently about fans who make it their goal to see every MLB stadium (or at least a lot of them). A few months ago I read an article about a couple being inducted into the Sports Travel and Tours Baseball Stadium Hall of Fame (turns out its for folks who sign up for stadium tours with a specific company). Apparently, a lot of us have this goal.
So, in light of more solemn baseball news we’ve been getting lately, I thought we should have some fun with a rundown of the news about fans who want to see them all:
- The Boise couple that just saw their 30th stadium.
- A former baseball coach from Ohio.
- A guy raising money for leukemia and lymphoma patients.
- Another guy raising money – this one for the hearing impaired.
- A kid, who goes on baseball road trips with his grandpa.
- A Maryland fan who wants to see every stadium in the country – including minor league stadiums.
- The national newspaper that’s counting down the stadiums
- And, of course, Mariano Rivera.
Obviously those of us who dream of baseball road trips are in good company!