As you prepare to ring in the New Year, have you thought about your New Year’s resolutions? What about your New Year’s wishes? And how many are related to baseball? The baseball writers are beginning to post their New Baseball Year’s Resolutions. Here’s just a sampling:
- 2016 New Year’s resolutions for all 15 American League clubs, by Cliff Corcoran
- 2016 New Year’s resolutions for all 15 National League clubs, by Cliff Corcoran
- The New York Yankees New Year’s Resolutions, by Cory Fallon
- Five New Year’s Resolutions for the Chicago Cubs, by David N. Wilson
- Tampa Bay Rays 2016 New Year’s Resolution, by Marvin Oliva
Naturally, I’ve already come up with my New Baseball Year’s Resolutions:
- Watch more baseball. Now I know this might sound a bit impossible. After all, I watch baseball all the time. But my BBFF (best baseball friend forever) and I have been tossing around the idea of setting up another screen in the Baseball Viewing Room so we can have the O’s and/or Nats on one TV while simultaneously streaming another game (you know, some lesser team like the Yankees) from MLB.TV. It’d also be nice to catch a few minor league games on MiLB.TV. And I’d love to figure out how to view some baseball from Japan or some other country.
- See more minor league games. Living in Bowie, Maryland, I see the Bowie Baysox, 2015 Eastern League champions, all the time. But I keep saying I want to see more of the Nationals minor leaguers in action. We make it out to Potomac to see the singe-A team a few times a year, but I really want to go to Harrisburg this year. Maybe even Syracuse. My BBFF also wants to catch a few baby Yankees games, like in Trenton.
- Go to Spring Training. Yes, this one’s a no-brainer. I do this every year already. But, as they say, you have to put it in writing to make sure you do it!
- See the Orioles at Dodger Stadium. I love my Orioles, and I love Dodger Stadium, so I’ve been waiting for this one for years! The O’s are finally gonna make a stop at the Dodgers this year and I plan to be there!
- See the Baysox at an out-of-town game. A dream of mine is to have the summer off and follow the Baysox around the east coast. Not as a stalker, but as the Baseball Sociologist! I’ve seen them play in Richmond, but I haven’t seen them play anywhere else. Places like Altoona and Harrisburg really aren’t that far away. This year, I need to find time to see them someplace else!
- Blog more. Last year was an exceptionally busy year, and I didn’t write as much as I’d like to. I’ll be sure to post more in 2016.
Have a safe and happy New Year’s Eve and a prosperous 2016!