The Jackie Robinson Foundation “perpetuates the memory of American hero Jackie Robinson by addressing the achievement gap in higher education” and provides “college and graduate school scholarships as well as leadership development opportunities for highly motivated students of color with limited financial resources.”
What are their stats?
- Founded in 1973, the Foundation is now 45 years old.
- Over the years, there have been 1,500 JRF Scholars, 98% of whom have graduated from college.
- The Foundation has awarded $75 million in grants.
- The scholars have attend 260 different colleges and universities.
- 39% attend public colleges and universities, 37% attend private schools, 15% attend Ivy League Schools, and 9% attend Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
Below is more information from the Foundation.