On Tuesday, the Tampa Bay Rays unveiled their plans for a new stadium in Tampa. While the team has settled on a proposed site in Ybor City, there are still several decisions to be made, including who will pay for it all. In the meantime, here are some stats, based on what was revealed on Tuesday:
- Seating capacity: 28,216
- Total capacity: 30,842
- Stadium size: 900,000 feet
- Parking spaces: 10,000 within a 10-minute walk; 23,000 within one mile
- Time to build: four to five ears
- Total cost: $892,429,823
- Current capacity of Tropicana Field: 31,042
- Current attendance, per game: 14,745
- Population of the surrounding area: 350,000 in the city of Tampa; 4.3 million in the Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Metropolitan statistical area.
Check out the ballpark renderings, posted by Ballpark Digest.