You know its almost baseball season when everything starts to remind you of baseball. Yes, for baseball fans that’s ALL the time, but it intensifies as the calendar moves closer to April. Here are but a few examples – can you add any to my list?
- The thermometer says its 34 degrees outside and you think, #34 – Bryce Harper.
- On your daily commute you start taking the slightly longer route that leads past the baseball stadium.
- You pass Stanton Road and your brain reads the sign as “Giancarlo Stanton Road.”
- The snow on the ground reminds you of the year it snowed on Opening Day.
- You find it hard to make plans for weekends in April because it depends on who’s playing that day.
- You start making room in your bobblehead display case for new additions.
- You’re humming “Take me out to the ballgame” as you do the dishes.
- The ad for Giorgio Armani’s Acqua di Gio cologne makes you think of Gio Gonzalez and the Washington Nationals pitching staff.
- Instead of astronauts on NASA TV, you see Orioles fans (oh wait – that one’s actually real!)
Baseball is almost here!